Skype for Business – Failed to execute a stored procedure on the back-end

I recently ran an “In-Place” upgrade from Lync 2013 to Skype for Business 2015 on a 3 node Enterprise Front End pool.  After the upgrade all 3 Front Ends were logging the following error every 10-15 minutes.

I gathered something was wrong with the QOEMetrics database due to “Component QOE Adaptor”.  I ran the following PowerShell command to test the databases on my SQL Backend:

(Where -SqlServerFqdn matches your Backend SQL server.)


You can see immediately that the QOEMetrics InstalledVersion is a point release lower than the ExpectedVersion.  To resolve this I ran the following PowerShell command:

(Where -SqlServerFqdn & -SqlInstanceName matches your Backend SQL server.)  Note, I only specified Monitoring for -DatabaseType.

I then ran Test-CsDatabase again:


You can see that the ExpectedVersion and InstalledVersion now match.  This resolved this problem and the Event ID is no longer generated on the Front End Servers.

Author: Chris Hayward

Share This Post On


  1. Thanks for sharing chris, save time for me 🙂

    Post a Reply
  2. Thanks for sharing this Chris! I ran into this myself and you’re post did the trick.

    Post a Reply
  3. Hi.

    This post helped my. BTW this was a new/fresh Skype For Business server 2015 installation. So this must be a bug…

    Post a Reply
  4. This post helped my too in deploy a new SFB Pool in a lync 2010 upgrade.
    Thanks a lot Chris.

    Post a Reply
  5. Fantastic Article, its saved my time and solved my issue ..thanks a lot Chris 🙂

    Post a Reply

Submit a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.